Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Tara starts child care

Tuesday 26th August was Tara's first day at child care, a big milestone for us both. We got there about 9:30 and promptly left to go get me a coffee from St Ali - I needed some energy for the day ahead, and Tara needed her morning nap. After spending a day with the carers, I am very happy with our choice of child care centre.


They have a great outdoor play area complete with sandpit and trucks which Tara loved:

Tara already has a friend here - Edvard:



Crawling is much easier on this fake grass than on floorboards!

Tara also loved the carers in the babies and toddlers area, and only cried when one tried to give her lunch. She even almost had a nap in the cot and played happily in it for about half an hour, but decided it was all a bit too exciting so stayed up until her feed. I've never been so amazed as when I saw two rooms full of sleeping babies (apart from Tara), that in itself gives my confidence in the girls. So Tara's first day went very well. I'll spend another few days with her and then see how she goes on her own (and me).

Other news - Tara is teething in a big way, her top teeth are coming through and poor Tara is not happy from about 7pm onwards. But soon she will have some new shiny teeth to show off. She is delighting in being able to making kissing and clicking sounds. And curls are just starting to form on the back of her head. Dennis is relieved as her light coloured straight hair has been causing questions to be asked...

No comments: